The best poker tournament players in the world bring their A-game to the table when the stakes are high. The stakes are certainly high in the inaugural GG Online Championship (GGOC) festival that is taking place at GGPoker. Several players helped themselves to six-figure scores from GGOC events this weekend, including the online poker legend that is Niklas Astedt.
Astedt was one of 142 players who parted company with $10,300 for the chance to become the champion of the Sunday Million High Rollers event. The top 20 finishers shared the $1,500,000 prize pool, with Mikita Badziakouski busting in 21st place and popping the money bubble.
Badziakouski's exit meant the surviving players secured at least $20,082 for their efforts, but this increase to $34,291 by the time the nine-handed final table was set.
$150M Gtd GG Online Championship is the Biggest-Ever Online Festival
Aram Oganyan and "yesnogo" were the first two casualties of the final table; they walked away with $34,291 and $45,728 respectively. Then came the eliminations of Matas "NoWeyyy" Cikinas ($60,979) and Adrian Mateos ($81,318). The latter received the tournament's final five-figure score.
Artsiom Prostak busted in fifth for $108,439 before Paulo "Agorist" Brombim bowed out in fourth, a finish worth $144,606. Joao Vieira came unstuck in third for $192,835, which left Astedt heads-up against Sebastian Trisch. Nobody would have batted an eyelid if the heads-up duo struck a deal because the difference in prize money was more than $85,000. Astedt is not known for dealing when heads-up, why would he be when he has so many outright victories to his name? The lack of a deal meant Astedt got his hands on a massive $342,915 when he defeated Trisch in the one-on-one battle, resigning Trisch to a still huge $257,150 consolation prize.
84-S: $10,300 Sunday Million High Rollers Final Table Results
|4||Paulo "Agorist" Brombim||Brazil||$144,606|
|7||Matas "NoWeyyy" Cikinas||Mexico||$60,979|
Brazilian "guitiradent1" Takes Home $266,923
The $400 buy-in GGOC Spring Classic attracted a bumper crowd of 7,780 entrants, who created a $2,925,280 prize pool. Only 1,132 of those starters made it through to the final day where the top 800 finishers received a slice of the pie.
That $400 investment was worth at least a cool $31,389 for anyone who navigated their way to the final table. Mexico's "La-Paloma69" banked this sum when they busted shortly after the final table action commenced.
Leandro "TheBlackHand" Bustillo ($41,857), Hong Kong's Hongija "vincent2059" Li ($55,818) and Ilia "Alenys_hka" Plaxin ($74,434) were the next players heading for the exits, before Dejan "Velasevic narrowly missed out on a six figure score when he collected the $99,260 fifth-place prize money.
Fourth-place and $132,366 went to Fabian "lordof0513" Schmidt with the eloimination of Jefferson Dosso, a finish worth $176,513, in third-place left Laszlo Molnar heads-up against "guitiradent1." The heads-up duo struck a deal to lessen the payjumps, and guitiradent1 came from behind to claim the title of champion and $266,923. Molnar headed into the night with $282,353 to show for his bridesmaid finish.
Vamos! Sirichuk Secures Brace of High Roller Titles at GGPoker
$400 GGOC Spring Classic Final Table Results
|4||Fabian "lordof0513" Schmidt||Austria||$132,366|
|6||Ilia "Alenys_hka" Plaxin||Russia||$74,434|
|7||Hongija "vincent2059" Li||China||$55,818|
|8||Leandro "TheBlackHand" Bustillo||Argentina||$41,857|
*reflects a heads-up deal
Other Massive GGOC Results From May 22
Seven other GGPoker players padded their bankrolls with six-figure hauls, including Samuel Vousden. The Finnish high stakes specialist won the $25,500 Sunday Million SHR for $294,605. Shout-out too to Kelvin Kerber who triumphed in the $400 Omaholic Spring Championship and won $127,544.
- Samuel Vousden – winner of the $25,500 Sunday Million SHR for $294,605
- Jerry "Chokeee" Odeen – winner of the $1,050 GGMasters High Roller for $155,653
- JohnnyStar8 – winner of the $525 Bounty Hunters HR Main Event for $134,830*
- Kelvin Kerber – winner of the $400 Omaholic Spring Championship for $127,544
- autonomia – winner of the $1,050 High Rollers Main Event for $121,569
- Pedro Garagnani – winner of the $5,250 Bounty Hunters SHR for $109,259*
- Aliaksei Boika – winner of the $1,500 Sunday Marathon for $106,732
- Fernando "JNandez87" Habegger – winner of the $5,250 Omaholic Bounty HSR for $82,771*
- Adam "bigblaster" Crockett – winner of the $150 GGMasters for $68,078
- Kuconi1 – winner of the $250 Sunday Main Event for $66,189
- Ami Barer – winner of the $1,500 Sunday Saver for $55,746
- Dario Sammartino – winner of the $2,625 Blade Sunday Mulligan for $55,1550
- Amadeus7777 – winner of the $2,100 Sunday Heater for $52,713*
- Roland Rokita – winner of the $300 Sunday Marathon for $52,529
- brino – winner of the $3,150 Blade Bounty King for $51,556*
- Gerson "Maicen" Braga – winner of the $300 GGMasters Bounty King for $46,361*
- Arsenii Karmatckii – winner of the $250 Sunday Mulligan for $45,472
- Ben Wilinofsky – winner of the $525 Omaholic Bounty HR for $36,720*
- Leocir "LeoJose" Carneiro – winner of the $250 Sunday Saver for $29,475
- Marcelo Asensio – winner of the $210 Sunday Heater for $23,208*
*includes bounty payments
Register to leave a comment